Camp St. John's
Welcome! We are glad you are here! Register for Camp St. John's today!
Please enjoy our digital catalog to start your Summer 2023 adventures. There's something for everyone - no matter the age, skill, or interest! Please note that when you log in to our registration system, it will automatically filter by week and age, along with camp description.
Here you will find opportunities for camper growth through rich experiences in and outside of the classroom. Summer is for pursuing your passions, strengthening bonds with old friends, and making new friends. Give your child memories that will last a lifetime at Camp St. John's! Camp St. John's is open to all students, ages three years through 8th grade, throughout the community. You do not need to be a current SJES student to experience the magic of the St. John's campus during the summer months!
* In preparation for registration, please make sure you have all license plate numbers of cars used to pick up your camper(s) this summer. This will ensure registration goes smoothly. You can update your household account at any time if there are changes.
St. John's will be closed on Monday, June 19, in observance of Juneteenth, and on Tuesday, July 4, in observance of Independence Day.
Camp St. John's Summer 2023 Catalog
may 30 - June 2: Splash into Summer
(For St. JOhn's Families only)
Camps will be offered weekly from May 30 through July 28:
May 30 – June 2: Current and incoming 2023-24 St. John's students only
June 5 – July 28: Open to all children
Morning sessions run from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Afternoon sessions run from 1:00-4:00 p.m.
All-day sessions run from 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. for Preschool students
All-day sessions run from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. for PK-8 students
Before You Register ...
- You do not need to be a current SJES student to experience the magic of the St. John’s campus during the summer months.
- Registration is for the rising grade level in the fall of 2023. Campers must be 3 years old for Preschool Camps and 4 years old for PK camps by September 1, 2023, and must be potty-trained to participate in the program.
Search and Select Camps
- When you log into the registration site, you will be asked to create or update your account. Please review the medical forms carefully and update them with any new information.
- Once you navigate through this process, you will begin selecting camps. *Please note that the registration site will automatically filter ALL camps by grade level and will only show camps that are applicable to your camper. If a camp is full, you are welcome to join a waitlist. As registration changes, a member of our Camp staff will contact you if a spot becomes available.
- When you have added all of your camps, you will proceed to checkout and payment section. *Please note, you may return to your camp profile at any time to add a camp. To make a change to your submitted schedule, please contact the Director of Camp St. John's Whitney West.
- Click here to begin registration at any time.
- If you have not already, please create a username and password directly on our registration site.
- Make sure to save your username and password, as this will allow you to edit your account information, review your camper’s schedule, and print receipts for tax purposes.
- Camp St. John’s offers a variety of camp options to fit the needs of each family.
- All-Day camps run from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Morning Sessions run from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Lunch: Campers who stay for the entire day will participate in lunch and recess, free of charge, from 12:00-1:00 p.m. and will be escorted to their afternoon camps.
- Afternoon Sessions run from 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- Early Bird Care and Extended Day Care
- Early Bird Care and Extended Day Care are available each week to help with child-care needs before and after specialty classes or day camps. Extended Day Care will consist of structured free play, movies, and craft activities. You may register for these options in the camp registration portal.
- Early Bird Care – 8:00-9:00 a.m.
- Extended Care – 4:00-6:00 p.m. (for PK and up only)
Registering Before April 14
*$100 deposit and pay balance in
2 equal installments April 15 and May 15
*Payment in full
Registering April 15-May 15
*$100 deposit and pay balance on May 15
*Payment in full
Registering After May 15
*Payment in full when registering
Tuition and Payment
Tuition for each camp is reflected in the program details. When you register, you will have options for payment. See below for details.
We understand summer plans change quickly. Before you cancel, consider changing to another camp week at St. John's instead. We are happy to help reschedule your camp week at no additional cost. If you have a schedule change, please contact Director of Camp St. John's Whitney West to help facilitate your request.
- Cancellation requests made before May 15th will receive a full refund, less $50 per camp.
- Cancellation requests made more than 14 before the camp begins will receive a 50% refund.
- We apologize for any inconvenience, but refunds will not be issued for cancellations 14 days in advance of the camp start date.
Camps are subject to cancellation based on enrollment and environmental impacts. Camp administration will contact you in advance and will issue a full refund.
Lunch at Camp St. John’s
- Campers who are registered for an All-Day or an AM and PM camp will stay and have lunch and recess on the St. John’s campus from 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Campers must provide their own lunch each day or purchase from Wholesome Foods, our lunch provider at St. John’s.
- Please note that soda, energy drinks, and peanut and tree-nut products are not permitted.
- Since we may have students with severe nut allergies, we maintain a strict peanut/tree-nut-sensitive environment.
Lunch Bunch for 1/2 Day Campers
Extend your camper's fun at St. John's by registering them for Lunch Bunch. This is ideal for 1/2-day campers to stay late or arrive early and have lunch and recess with their friends. *Please note that campers who are registered for an All-Day or an AM and PM camp will stay and have lunch and recess on the St. John’s campus from 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Morning and afternoon pre-packaged snacks are provided and do not include peanut or tree-nut products. You may also pack a peanut/tree-nut-free snack for your camper.
Summer Faculty at St. John’s
A dynamic and caring staff is at the heart of Camp St. John’s. Our carefully selected, experienced, and well-trained faculty members have diverse backgrounds working with children. They bring their talents and enthusiasm to connect with each child’s unique personality and interests. We are excited to share our gifts and look forward to spending the summer with your children!
Health and Safety
Our number one commitment is to our campers’ safety while they are participating in Camp St. John’s. To ensure the safety of each child, camp staff members are assigned to small groups. Outdoor activities will be limited to no more than 15 minutes when the heat index is 95 degrees or higher. Faculty members are trained in First Aid and CPR and on-site and available during camp hours.
Camp St. John’s requires that a camper’s health conditions, treatments, and medications be listed and explained. Please remember to list all camper allergies, as it is essential that we have this information to best serve your child. Parents are required to provide an epi-pen, inhaler, or emergency medication, as needed. You will drop off any medications in carpool with a counselor on the first day of the camp week. If you are attending multiple weeks, you are welcome to leave all medications with us throughout the summer. Please make sure all medications and bags are appropriately labeled with the camper’s name and medication instructions. Parents may contact the Director of Camp St. John's Whitney West, at any time to discuss their child’s health concerns.
At Camp St. John’s, safety and security are a top priority for our campers. For Summer 2023, visitors, including parents/guardians, will not be allowed inside School buildings or to congregate on campus unless you are attending a final camp performance or showcase. All drop-off and pick-up will take place outside. You are welcome to drop off any forgotten items with Ms. Darlene at the front desk by the flag poles.
Camp St. John’s will have our wonderful security team on campus, and they will be monitoring throughout the day, including carpool. You will receive detailed carpool instructions in your Welcome Letter sent via email on May 15, 2023.
Counselor-In-Training Program- Applications are closed for the 2023 Summer Season.
Applications for the Counselor-In-Training Program will go live on February 15, 2023 and close on April 14, 2023.
Camp St. John’s is excited to offer our Counselor-in-Training (CIT) program. Unlike many day camps, our CIT program is designed for rising 7th grade students and up. As a preschool through eighth grade school, our 7th and 8th grade students are the leaders of our campus. This is just one of the many opportunities St. John's students have to develop their leadership skills at an earlier age. CITs will have the opportunity to experience a day in the life of a summer camp counselor under the direct supervision of our camp faculty and staff. Looking to enhance your leadership skills, while learning what it takes to work with young students, all while having fun and impacting lives? Look no further and apply today!
The CIT program is limited to 8-10 participants per week. All participants must attend an afternoon of training, including CPR and First Aid certification, date TBD. CITs must commit to at least TWO full weeks of service, although they do not have to be consecutive. This is a volunteer position only. Community service hours will be calculated for each participant and will be given upon the completion of service.
The application is meant to be completed by the applicant, with assistance from parents. Please note the application review is not based on a first come, first serve model, so please take your time and answer the questions thoroughly.
Applicants should be prepared to answer questions about why they would like to participate in the Counselor-in-Training Program. In addition, their summer availability, potential camps they would like to assist, and two teacher references should be prepared.
Camp St. John's and Camp Crews
St. John’s Episcopal School is nestled among large trees and a serene creek in the heart of East Dallas. Our “front yard” is just a short walk from White Rock Lake and home to a diverse population of wildlife and beautiful scenery - a perfect spot to spend your summer days!
Camp St. John’s, or CSJ, provides opportunities for campers to immerse themselves in a wide array of high-quality day camps while providing many of the traditions of the traditional sleepaway camps. To foster a sense of community and belonging, Camp St. John’s has “Camp Crews.” Paying homage to our surroundings, and the wildlife with whom we share our home, we have named one Crew the Eagles and the other Crew the Owls. On the first day of camp, new campers will draw and be assigned to the Eagles or Owls. Campers will forever be part of that Crew, enjoying a sense of pride and an immediate bond with their new CSJ Camp Crew friends of all ages!
Whether an Eagle or an Owl, all campers will build life-long friendships and bonds with fellow campers and counselors. Their summer will be unforgettable at Camp St. John’s and one they will cherish for years to come.
Frequently Asked Questions
Director of Camp St. John's
(214) 328-9131 ext. 121