Camp St. John's
Welcome! We are glad you are here! Camp St. John's is back for Summer 2022,
providing a traditional camplike experience in a day-camp environment.
Here you will find opportunities for camper growth through rich experiences in and outside of the classroom. Summer is for pursuing your passions, strengthening bonds with old friends, and making new friends. Give your child memories that will last a lifetime at Camp St. John's! Camp St. John's is open to all students, ages three years through 8th grade, throughout the community. You do not need to be a current SJES student to experience the magic of the St. John's campus during the summer months!
Please Note: St. John's will be closed on Monday, June 20, in observance of Juneteenth, and on Monday, July 4, in observance of Independence Day.
Enjoy the following digital catalog to start your summer adventures. There's something for everyone - no matter the age, skill, or interest! Please note that our registration system will automatically filter by week and age, along with camp description.
Click here to begin registration
Before You Register ...
- You do not need to be a current SJES student to experience the magic of the St. John’s campus during the summer months.
- Registration is for the rising grade level in the fall of 2022. Campers must be 3 years old by September 1, 2022, and must be potty-trained to participate in the program.
Search and Select Camps
- When you log into the registration site, you will be asked to create or update your account. Please review the medical forms carefully and update them with any new information.
- Once you navigate through this process, you will begin selecting camps. *Please note that the registration site will automatically filter ALL camps by grade level and will only show camps that are applicable to your camper. If a camp is full, you are welcome to join a waitlist. As registration changes, a member of our Camp staff will contact you if a spot becomes available.
- When you have added all of your camps, you will proceed to checkout and payment section. *Please note, you may return to your camp profile at any time to add a camp. To make a change to your submitted schedule, please contact the Director of Auxiliary Programs Whitney West.
- Click here to begin registration at any time.
- If you have not already, please create a username and password directly on our registration site.
- Make sure to save your username and password, as this will allow you to edit your account information, review your camper’s schedule, and print receipts for tax purposes.
- Camp St. John’s offers a variety of camp options to fit the needs of each family.
- All-Day camps run from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Morning Sessions run from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Lunch: Campers who stay for the entire day will participate in lunch and recess, free of charge, from 12:00-1:00 p.m. and will be escorted to their afternoon camps.
- Afternoon Sessions run from 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- Early Bird Care and Extended Day Care
- Early Bird Care and Extended Day Care are available each week to help with child-care needs before and after specialty classes or day camps. Extended Day Care will consist of structured free play, movies, and craft activities. You may register for these options in the camp registration portal.
- Early Bird Care – 8:00-9:00 a.m.
- Extended Care – 4:00-6:00 p.m. (3:00-4:00 p.m. for Preschool Camps only)
Tuition and Payment
Tuition for each camp is reflected in the program details. When you register, you will have options for payment. See below for details.
- Cancellation requests made more than 14 before the camp begins will receive a full refund, less $50 per camp.
- Cancellation requests made between 7-13 days before the camp begins will receive a 50% refund.
- We apologize for any inconvenience, but refunds cannot be issued for cancellations less than 7 days in advance of the camp start date.
Camps are subject to cancellation based on enrollment and environmental impact from COVID-19. Camp administration will contact you in advance and will issue a full refund.
Lunch at Camp St. John’s
- Campers who are registered for an All-Day or an AM and PM camp will stay and have lunch and recess on the St. John’s campus from 12:00-1:00 p.m., free of charge.
- Campers must provide their own lunch each day or purchase from Wholesome Foods, our lunch provider at St. John’s. Information on how to order will be shared in the Camp St. John’s Welcome Letter emailed to families on May 15.
- Please note that soda, energy drinks, and peanut and tree-nut products are not permitted.
- Since we may have students with severe nut allergies, we maintain a strict peanut/tree-nut-sensitive environment.
Morning and afternoon pre-packaged snacks are provided and do not include peanut or tree-nut products. You may also pack a peanut/tree-nut-free snack for your camper.
Summer Faculty at St. John’s
A dynamic and caring staff is at the heart of Camp St. John’s. Our carefully selected, experienced, and well-trained faculty members have diverse backgrounds working with children. They bring their talents and enthusiasm to connect with each child’s unique personality and interests. We are excited to share our gifts and look forward to spending the summer with your children!
Health and Safety
Our number one commitment is to our campers’ safety while they are participating in Camp St. John’s. To ensure the safety of each child, camp staff members are assigned to small groups. Outdoor activities will be limited to no more than 15 minutes when the heat index is 95 degrees or higher. Faculty members are trained in First Aid and CPR and on-site and available during camp hours.
Camp St. John’s requires that a camper’s health conditions, treatments, and medications be listed and explained. Please remember to list all camper allergies, as it is essential that we have this information to best serve your child. Parents are required to provide an epi-pen, inhaler, or emergency medication, as needed. You will drop off any medications in carpool with Kellyn Laurinski on the first day of the camp week. If you are attending multiple weeks, you are welcome to leave all medications with us throughout the summer. Please make sure all medications and bags are appropriately labeled with the camper’s name and medication instructions. Parents may contact the Director of Auxiliary Programs, Whitney West, at any time to discuss their child’s health concerns.
At Camp St. John’s, safety and security are a top priority for our campers. For Summer 2022, visitors, including parents/guardians, will not be allowed inside School buildings or to congregate on campus unless you are attending a final camp performance or showcase. All drop-off and pick-up will take place outside. This protocol is subject to change if global pandemic conditions improve.
Camp St. John’s will have our wonderful security team on campus, and they will be monitoring throughout the day, including carpool. You will receive detailed carpool instructions in your Welcome Letter sent via email on May 15, 2022.
Camp St. John's and Camp Crews
St. John’s Episcopal School is nestled among large trees and a serene creek in the heart of East Dallas. Our “front yard” is just a short walk from White Rock Lake and home to a diverse population of wildlife and beautiful scenery - a perfect spot to spend your summer days!
Camp St. John’s, or CSJ, has been reimagined for Summer 2022, and we are looking forward to building on the long-standing traditions and excellence “Summer at St. John’s” enjoyed for many years. CSJ will continue to provide opportunities for campers to immerse themselves in a wide array of high-quality day camps while now providing many of the traditions of the traditional sleepaway camps. To foster a sense of community and belonging, Camp St. John’s introduces “Camp Crews.” Paying homage to our surroundings, and the wildlife with whom we share our home, we have named one Crew the Eagles and the other Crew the Owls.
On the first day of camp, new campers will participate in the camp draw and be assigned to the Eagles or Owls, with a memento to mark the occasion. Campers will forever be part of that Crew, enjoying a sense of pride and an immediate bond with their new CSJ Camp Crew friends of all ages! Throughout the week campers will attend Crew meetings in the Eagle’s Nest and Owl Perch, and on Friday, they will have a friendly game of kickball where campers will contribute to their team by cheering, painting signs, or participating in the game.
Whether an Eagle or an Owl, all campers will build life-long friendships and bonds with fellow campers and counselors. Their summer will be unforgettable at Camp St. John’s and one they will cherish for years to come.
Applications are now closedCounselor In Training Program
Camp St. John’s is excited to offer The Counselor-in-Training (CIT) program for Summer 2022. This program is designed for rising 7th grade students and up. Here you will have the opportunity to experience a day in the life of a summer camp counselor under the direct supervision of our camp faculty and staff. Looking to enhance your leadership skills, while learning what it takes to work with young students, all while having fun and impacting lives? Look no further and apply today!
The CIT program is limited to 8-10 participants per week. All participants must attend the training session the week of May 31 (time and date TBD). CITs must commit to at least 2 full weeks of service, although they do not have to be consecutive. This is a volunteer position only. Community service hours will be calculated for each participant.