We are delighted for your interest in St. John's and stand ready to help you find the right school for your child but also a welcoming community for you.
The deadline for first-round consideration for 2019-20 has concluded; however, we welcome applications after the due date as we follow a rolling admission process on a space available basis.
The admission season for the 2020-21 school year season will begin September 2019.
- Step 1: Request Information
- Step 2: Visit Our Campus
- Step 3: Submit Application
- Step 4: Supplemental Materials (All other required documents)
- Step 5: Student Evaluation/Testing/Visit
Help us get to know you. Please complete the short Inquiry form to receive more information about our programs and community and to schedule a visit. If you would rather contact us directly, please contact Nancy Jacobs, Director of Admission, at 214-328-9131 x103 or email@example.com.
A visit to our campus is an important part of our process. Spending time with our students and faculty will give you the very best understanding of our philosophy and community. We have concluded our Admission Coffees for this year but would be delighted to schedule a private tour for you. Please contact our Director of Admissions, Nancy Jacobs.
Please complete and submit the following items:
- St. John's Episcopal School online application
- Authority to release school records
- $150 application fee
- Give applicant's current school the Student Record Release Authorization so copies of report cards and standardized test scores may be released to St. John's Episcopal School. All records must be submitted by January 15.
- After the first semester, give recommendation forms to the applicant's current teacher. Sign the appropriate Teacher Evaluation form and give it to your child's current teacher. The teacher will complete this form and return it directly to the Admission Office at St. John's. All recommendations are confidential and not available to parents or applicants. Recommendations will not be accepted if delivered by applicants or parents and must be submitted by January 15. We participate in the ISAAD Common Form Program for Teacher Recommendations. This allows your current teacher to complete one evaluation and send to multiple schools.
If possible, Teacher Evaluations should be returned to the Admission Office before your child's evaluation/test date and school visit (the child's school visit, not your tour of the school).
We believe in observing children in situations they'll encounter each day when in school. For pre-k through fourth grade children, we evaluate the children in classroom-type settings and on the playground.
Middle School Testing
For fifth through eighth grade children, we require applicants to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE). ISEE must be taken on or before February 9, 2019,
Students applying for fifth through seventh grade must schedule a campus visit as part of the admission process. Applicants will be paired with a current St. John's student and will follow that student's schedule throughout the day. There are two available dates for the student visits:
- January 16 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m
- February 6 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m
Student evaluations are scheduled by grade level to which the child is applying.
- Pre-k: February 9 from 8:30 a.m. to noon
- Kindergarten through fourth grade: January 26 from 8:30 a.m. to noon
- Fifth through eighth grades: Register your child for the ISEE.