Board of Trustees
Our Board of Trustees at St. John’s Episcopal School is a dedicated team of current and past parents, parishioners of St. John’s Episcopal Church, and community members. They form a vision, develop strategies, and determine tactics in order to fulfill the mission of the School both short- and long-term. They are also responsible for employing the head of school, securing the school’s resources, and setting policy. Guided by strong by-laws and best practices in independent school governance, the board functions primarily through standing committees and task forces.
In 2021-22, the Board welcomes five new members:
- Martha Barrios is a 1992 graduate of St. John’s and is currently the Business Development and Marketing Manager at Carrington Coleman, a Texas law firm serving numerous industries. Martha is a current member of the School’s Education and Student Life Committee, and she also serves on the Dallas Children’s Theater Board and is the membership chair for the regional arm of the Legal Marketing Association.
- Becky Clarke is the 2021-22 Parents Association President and the mother of recent SJES graduate, rising sixth grader, and rising third grader. Becky will serve a one-year ex officio term.
- Michael Henry is the founder and principal at Henry Patent Law Firm PLLC. He has served on the Board’s Advancement Committee and as part of the Booster Club leadership. He is a father a rising sixth grader and a rising third grader at St. John's.
- Amy Hofland is senior director of the Crow Museum of Asian Art of the University of Texas at Dallas. She is the current chair of the Asian Chamber of Texas and the past chair of the Dallas Arts District. At St. John’s, Amy was a member of the Board’s Advancement Committee. She is the mother of a recent SJES graduate and a rising eighth grader.
- Wilson Schoellkopf is a member of the St. John’s Episcopal Church parish. He was recently appointed at the Vestry Liaison Trustee to the St. John’s School Board. Wilson has worked in advertising, as a flight instructor, and, most recently, in education as a volunteer at Reinhardt Elementary School and a substitute teacher at St. John’s.
The following trustees were elected by the Board at their May meeting to serve as officers for the 2021-22 academic year.
- President – Jill Elliott
- Vice President – Deidre Bacala
- Treasurer – Will McDaniel
- Secretary – Scott Parks
- Parliamentarian – Audra Chavis
- Deidre Bacala, Vice President
- Martha Barrios
- Carissa Brown
- Audra Chavis, Parliamentarian
- Becky Clarke, Ex-Officio
- Arturo Del Castillo
- Bobby DeVilbiss
- Karen Drawz
- Melissa Eakes, Past President
- Jill Elliott, President
- Juan Gonzalez
- Michael Henry
- Amy Hofland
- The Rev'd David Houk, Rector of St. John's Episcopal Church
- William McDaniel, Treasurer
- Meshea Matthews, Ex-Officio
- Scott Parks, Secretary
- Wilson Schoellkopf
- Dutch Vanderveldt