COVID-19: Plan to Return to School
St. John’s remains committed to a program of academic excellence designed to train the mind, strengthen the character and enrich the spirit of each student in a Christian environment. We are actively monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and following health guidance to keep St. John's Episcopal School open.
Our top priority is the health and well-being of our students and employees for the 2020–21 school year. We continue to monitor health directives and protocols related to COVID-19, and that guidance informs our operating procedures. Our goal is to mitigate risk while conducting school in person, on campus.
As new guidelines are published, we will update our plan to best serve the needs of our community.
What Constitutes Success at St. John's:
- Creating and maintaining an on-campus learning environment in which all constituents adhere to health and safety protocols.
- Caring for colleagues, students, and families while accepting that we are not here to be right, but to get it right.
- Delivering flexible learning models that provide students with a St. John’s education and experience irrespective of whether they learn at school or at home; respecting families’ decisions regarding the choices they make for their children.
- Creating consistency for students to balance the inconsistency in the world around them and to help them transition between learning models in ways that are safe and predictable.
- Deepening our understanding of and abilities to use technology to fulfill our individual responsibilities.
- Adapting curriculum by identifying key skills and content areas and focusing instruction on those.
- Communicating clearly, regularly, and positively to share progress, provide feedback and ask for assistance.
Prayer for St. John’s Episcopal School
Ever-loving God, as we anticipate the coming school year, we lift our hearts to you in thanksgiving for the life we share at St. John’s. Help us to care for each other in the spirit of your love.
We pray for courage as we recognize that we are weak when we are worried and alone; but, when we are together in your name, we are brave and strong. May the power of your steadfast love and presence renew us as we return to school.
God, you are near us. You are the source of our strength. You will never leave us or forsake us – no matter what. Help us truly know, trust and feel your presence. Open our eyes to the opportunities for new life in the days ahead.
Encourage us to walk humbly before you, seek justice, and love kindness. – Micah 6:6.
May we always love you first, God, with all our heart, souls and minds, and love our neighbors as ourselves.
Now and always, may your favor rest upon us and establish the work of our hands. – Psalm 91:17.
You have given us to each other, Lord God. We are ONE community standing together in your Holy Name. We praise you and thank you that we have the privilege of working together as parents, teachers and staff through the sacred bonds of St. John’s Episcopal School.
It is in Your Holy Name we pray,