Max Patterson ‘12 is a Grace Cook Fellow teaching fifth grade math and coaching soccer! In this video, Max shares his fondest memories from his time at St. John’s, as well as his hopes for current students.
Do you dream of becoming the best educator you can be?
Of coming to work each day with a sense of mastery, belonging, and purpose?
Of working with fun, collegial, collaborative, and growth-minded professionals?
If so, you could thrive at St. John’s!
At St. John's, it has been incredibly rewarding to teach students who are genuinely excited to learn. Each day is filled with students experiencing their A-ha! moments, and I know I have made a difference when our alumni return to campus and share their stories with me. – Mr. Herod, Math Teacher
Dave Ray joins St. John’s this year as our new counselor! After more than 30 years in education, Dave has seen almost everything, (except SJES Games Day!), and he is excited to learn more about St. John’s this year.
When I learned St. John's was looking for a new science teacher, I was thrilled by the opportunity to return to the School where I had been a student for so many years and that served as the foundation for my education. Now, I am able to give back to this generation of students who are engaged in all stages of their learning process, and I look forward to what they will become in the future. - Dr. Vaughn, Science Teacher
Pre-K teacher, Lauren Sassenus has joined the St. John’s faculty this year after being a part of the St. John’s parent community for a few years. This year, she is most excited to grow with her class, and experience new “firsts” with them!
After First Grade Teacher Amanda Huffman saw an opening at St. John’s, she knew she had to apply; her husband is an alumnus and has spoken fondly of his time at St. John’s since they met. During her first year here at St. John’s, Amanda is most looking forward to experiencing all of the St. John’s traditions.
As a new St. John's teacher who moved across the country to join the School, I have been warmly welcomed by the community. It has been reassuring to see faculty, administrators, and parents who are not only dedicated to the students' individual paths but also live out our mission in our work. - Mr. Manna, Math Teacher
St. John’s Episcopal School is always interested in hearing from qualified candidates who embrace our philosophy. If you would like to submit your credentials for consideration, please provide the following application materials to:
St. John's Episcopal School
Attn: Ms. Pam Jordan
848 Harter Rd.
Dallas, TX 75218
- St. John’s application and Consent to Background Investigation Form (PDF format; Download, print, complete and return.)
- Resume (include three references with name, address and phone)
- Personal statement of educational philosophy (required for teaching positions)
- Copy of college transcripts (if required for position)
Among the myriad of benefits St. John's Episcopal School offers, employees enjoy:
- Medical Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Pension Plan through TIAA-Cref – 100% immediate vested
- After one year of employment –
- 5% of annual salary contributed by the school
- 4% of annual salary matched by the school if employee contributes 4% (optional)
- Employee may participate voluntarily the first year of employment.
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance - short-term and long-term
- Paid Vacation
- Teacher Store Account
- Teachers' Credit Union
In our commitment to diversity and equity, St. John’s Episcopal School does not discriminate regarding race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, age, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, marital status, religion, military status, and/or any protected category. This commitment extends to our employment, educational, admission, and financial aid policies, and other school-administered programs.
For all academic positions, please submit your letter of interest and resume as indicated at the end of each description. Positions will remain open until filled.
- Substitute Teacher - All divisions (preschool-8) please follow the application instructions below.
- Middle School Math Teacher; Middle School Advisor
- Preschool Teacher
- After School Program Counselor