Board of Trustees
Our Board of Trustees at St. John’s Episcopal School is a dedicated team of current and past parents, parishioners of St. John’s Episcopal Church, and community members. They form a vision, develop strategies, and determine tactics in order to fulfill the mission of the School both short- and long-term. They are also responsible for employing the head of school, securing the school’s resources, and setting policy. Guided by strong by-laws and best practices in independent school governance, the board functions primarily through standing committees and task forces.
The following trustees were elected by the Board at their May meeting to serve as officers for the 2021-22 academic year.
- President – Jill Elliott
- Vice President – Deidre Bacala
- Treasurer – Will McDaniel
- Secretary – Scott Parks
- Parliamentarian – Audra Chavis
In 2021-22, the Board welcomes five new members:
- Martha Barrios is a 1992 graduate of St. John’s and is currently the Business Development and Marketing Manager at Carrington Coleman, a Texas law firm serving numerous industries. Martha is a member of the School’s Education and Student Life Committee, and she also serves on the Dallas Children’s Theater Board and is the membership chair for the regional arm of the Legal Marketing Association.
- Becky Clarke is the 2021-22 Parents Association President and the mother of recent St. John's graduate, sixth grader, and third grader. Becky will serve a one-year ex officio term.
- Michael Henry is the founder and principal at Henry Patent Law Firm PLLC. He has served on the Board’s Advancement Committee and as part of the Booster Club leadership. He is a father a sixth grader and a third grader at St. John's.
- Amy Hofland is senior director of the Crow Museum of Asian Art of the University of Texas at Dallas. She is the current chair of the Asian Chamber of Texas and the past chair of the Dallas Arts District. At St. John’s, Amy was a member of the Board’s Advancement Committee. She is the mother of a recent St. John's graduate and an eighth grader.
- Wilson Schoellkopf is a member of the St. John’s Episcopal Church parish. He was recently appointed at the Vestry Liaison Trustee to the St. John’s School Board. Wilson has worked in advertising, as a flight instructor, in education as a volunteer at Reinhardt Elementary School, and as a substitute teacher at St. John’s.
Much of the Board of Trustees' work is completed in committees and task forces. Standing committees focus on key, ongoing or administrative matters and allow the Board to fulfill its oversight role. A task force is designed to focus on a particular issue or initiative and typically disbands once its task is complete. Members for both include trustees, parents and community members. Please contact the Board president if you are interested in participating on a Board committee or task force.