Board of Trustees
Our Board of Trustees at St. John’s Episcopal School is a dedicated team of current and past parents, parishioners of St. John’s Episcopal Church, and community members. They form a vision, develop strategies, and determine tactics in order to fulfill the mission of the School both short- and long-term. They are also responsible for employing the head of school, securing the School’s resources, and setting policy. Guided by strong by-laws and best practices in independent school governance, the Board functions primarily through standing committees and task forces.
The following trustees were elected by the Board at their May meeting to serve as officers for the 2022-23 academic year.
- President – Jill Elliott
- Vice President – Deidre Bacala
- Treasurer – Jennifer Sharpe
- Secretary – Scott Parks
- Parliamentarian – Amy Hofland
In 2022-23, the Board welcomes five new members:
- Tiffany Fisher is the 2022-23 Parents Association President and the mother of an eighth grader and a third grader. Tiffany will serve a one-year ex officio term.
- Rea Foster is the Executive Director for Teach for America where she has served as the organization’s head of development and its attorney. In the community, she volunteers for the Junior League of Dallas, Leadership Dallas, and Dallas CASA. Through Teach for America, she has recently partnered with St. John’s on community events about Generation Z, and she serves on the Board’s DEIB Council.
- Jennifer Lee is a senior partner at Fee, Smith, Sharp & Vitullo LLP and is a member of the St. John’s Episcopal Church parish. She was recently appointed as the Vestry Liaison Trustee to the St. John’s School Board. She serves on the Property and Insurance Sub-Committee and is a member of the Board-Vestry Leadership Team. She is the mother of a sixth grader and a third grader.
- Jennifer Sharpe is the Chief Financial Officer for White Rock Investment Co. She previously served for six years on the St. John's Board of Trustees where she held various leadership roles on the Executive, Finance, Governance, Audit, Head of School Search, and Installation Committees. She returns this year to chair the Finance Committee through a transitional period. In the community, Jennifer is an active board member for the Ursuline Foundation Board. Jennifer is an alumni parent with two recent St. John's graduates and a current parent to a sixth grader.
Much of the Board of Trustees' work is completed in committees and task forces. Standing committees focus on key, ongoing or administrative matters and allow the Board to fulfill its oversight role. A task force is designed to focus on a particular issue or initiative and typically disbands once its task is complete. Members for both include trustees, parents and community members. Please contact the Board president if you are interested in participating on a Board committee or task force.