The St. John's Library
Our MissionThe St. Johnís library is a vibrant place within the school where students extend their classroom learning, use technology tools and explore the worlds awaiting them in books. Our libraryís mission is to:
- reflect and embody our schoolís mission,
- be an integral part of the school and our community,
- provide a collaborative learning environment for all students,
- offer relevant resources and instruction for all library users,
- encourage effective use of ideas and information, and
- promote lifelong reading and learning, both for informational/research purposes and for pleasure.
Our LibraryThe St. Johnís library houses more than 12,000 books, aimed at all ages and interests. We subscribe to several magazines and databases, and are currently building our eBook collection. The library itself has separate areas for instruction, study and relaxation reading. Lower Schoolís scheduled checkout day is Thursday, and its book return day is Wednesday. Middle School students may check out before or after school, during class library time (when applicable), with a pass from a teacher, or during advisory.
Our eBook CollectionsWhile maintaining a physical print collection is very important to our school, we have also added, and are still adding, many eBooks to our collection. Right now, we have two eBook providers, Follett Shelf and OverDrive. If youíd like to access our eBooks with your iPad, please download the Follett Enlight K-12 and OverDrive Media Console apps. On the web, the books can be accessed through Follett Shelf or OverDrive.
User names and passwords for all databases and eBook collections can either be found on your RenWeb page or can be obtained from the librarian.